Welcome to Computer Architecture and Dependable Systems (CADS) laboratory website. Our researches focus on embedded machine learning, brain-inspired computing, reliability, and the internet of things (IoT). All related things to CADS-Lab, including news, publications, open-source tools, etc. are updated on this website, regularly.
CADS-Lab is located in the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, Tarbiat Modares University.
We are looking forward to hearing from you!
Notice (10/2023): Feel free to contact me for more info (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- 2023/09: Congratulations to Mr. Morteza Yousefloo for successfully defending his M.Sc. thesis.
- 2023/09: Congratulations to Mr. Morteza Yousefloo for receiving the acceptance of funding support for his MSc thesis from the Iran Telecommunication Research Center (ITRC).
- 2023/09: Congratulations to Ms. Fariba Jorghanian for receiving the acceptance of funding support for her MSc thesis from the Iran Telecommunication Research Center (ITRC).
- 2022/10: Congratulations to Alireza Senobari for successfully defending his M.Sc. thesis.
- 2022/09: Congratulations to Fatemeh Hossein Khani for successfully defending her M.Sc. thesis.
- “Efficient Approximate Multipliers Utilizing Compact and Low-power Compressors for Error-Resilient Applications,” accepted in AEUE – International Journal of Electronics and Communications , Nov. 2023.
- “An Energy-Efficient Generic Accuracy Configurable Multiplier Based on Block-Level Voltage Overscaling,” accepted in IEEE Transactions on Emerging Topics in Computing (Q1, IF=6.595) , May. 2023.
- “X-Rel: Energy-Efficient and Low-Overhead Approximate Reliability Framework for Error-Tolerant Applications Deployed in Critical Systems,” in IEEE Transactions on Very Large Scale Integration Systems , vol. 31, no. 7, pp. 1051-1064, July 2023.
- “Accurate and Compact Approximate 4:2 Compressors with GDI Structure,” in Circuits, Systems, and Signal Processing (CSSP) , vol. 42, pp. 4148–4169, 2023.
- “BEAD: Bounded Error Approximate Adder with Carry and Sum Speculations,” in Integration, the VLSI journal , vol. 88, pp. 353-361, 2023.
- “Accuracy Configurable Adders with Negligible Delay Overhead in Exact Operating Mode,” in ACM Transactions on Design Automation of Electronic Systems (TODAES) , july. 2022. https://doi.org/10.1145/3549936
Current Research Areas
- Embedded machine learning
- Internet of things
- Hardware Security
- Brain-inspired computing
- Machine learning for reliability and safety-critical systems
- Energy and security in smart buildings
- Robust and energy-efficient system design
- Hardware implementation of advanced neural networks on FPGA
Collaborations with other Universities:
- Professor Massoud Pedram, University of Southern California
- Professor Ali Afzali-Kusha, University of Tehran
- Professor Christian Hochberger, Technische Universität Darmstadt
- Professor Muhammad Shafique, New York University (NYU) Abu Dhabi
- Dr. Mehdi Kamal, University of Tehran
- Dr. Behzad Ebrahimi, Islamic Azad University Science and Research Branch